Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ombre Infinity Scarf

It seems like everything is ombre these days. I like ombre, but I feel like it's starting to get a little overdone. However, I do really like this ombre scarf. It's made of Tahki Yarns Rosa 100% cotton yarn. You just need one ball each of three colors (sand, taupe, and ebony). I made two different sizes. The larger one has three rows of each color, 110 dc/row, and the shorter one has 2 rows of each color with about 90 dc/row (I didn't write down the actual number. You can start with a basic chain or, as I did, with the base chain double crochet. This yarn is a little tricky to work with because of the texturing so it's sometimes hard to tell which loop is the 'extra' loop in the bcdc.

bcdc 110 (or 90 for smaller), join on the last dc (can also ch110, join, ch3, dc across)
work two (or one) more rows of black, switch to taupe
work three (or two) rows with taupe, switch to sand
work last three (or two) rows with sand, finish off. Easy peasy.





No comments:

Post a Comment